Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Good intentions get trashed

It can be frustrating when good intentions get trashed.

People ask for merchandise from Scuttlebutt, so when we found time to order t-shirts, we picked one of the Curmudgeon’s Observations that spoke positively of the sport. We then decided to donate any proceeds toward the fight against breast cancer, a disease that had entered Scuttlebutt editor Craig Leweck's family. The shirts are for sale in the Scuttlebutt Store.

Never in our wildest imagination did we anticipate this project would be strongly criticized. But this week Scot Tempesta of Sailing Anarchy blasted the project on his website. He called the effort “lame” and “patronizing”, and in his forum he justified his criticism because he found Leweck to be “a whiny douche”.

Usually Scot’s comments are not promoted here, but the level of misinformation and hatred within his posting pissed us off. However, the reality is comments like this are typical from Scot, so for anyone ever charmed by him, this is who he really is.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger monkey1 said...

This went way over the line. He posts some things from time to time that even I find offensive (which is saying a lot) but didn't necessarily drive me away.

Now I'm done, and I hope he loses a lot of traffic over this.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

I like SA, but a little less now. The Tee is great; I'm not into tees without pockets and Trophy wife isn't either, or I'd buy a couple. Good on you, though! May I use the slogan, if I advertise the shirt on my blog for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home